Monday, January 5, 2009

because......

On the day after the fabulous Donovan McNabb and the Philadephia Eagles Offensive and Defensive lines take themselves into the second week of the post season, I am feeling GOOD. I'm back at work after two weeks off and it's strange. It's like the first day of school. While I was on vacation we were moved to a new building with shiny new cubicles (for I am a cube dweller). The new cubes are about a foot shorted than our old cubes and a good 14" of that height is taken up by CLEAR glass. This essentially means that I can see from my cube at one end of the row clear to the empty cube on the other end of the row. Luckily no one is in the cubes immediately surrounding me. So: Bonus!

I got here around 6am. I woke up at 4:30am. I think I finally tricked my brain into letting me sleep around 1:30am. Strangely, I am not in the least bit tired. Just thirsty...still thirsty from New Year's Eve debauchery.

On that note, here is my list of "resolutions":

1. Don't drink booze unless there is sufficient foodage on the tummy.
2. Document my life via the internet beyond using Facebook and MySpace (more so the former than the latter).
3. Get into a place where I am willing to tolerate being in a relationship. (I think this will be the toughest since I don't see my value currently.)
4. Cook more. Bake more.
5. Smile more. Laugh more.
6. (and final) Be Present when I am somewhere. I think that's the greatest thing we can do for our loved ones.

No comments: