Thursday, May 7, 2009

Conclusions

I was driving to work this morning and it occurred to me what my problem with most Republicans is. I feel like the majority of Republicans aren't willing to look forward. They aren't willing to accept the change that is surely coming. They resist and form this front of negativity. I don't fully understand why they are so hesitant to look at things from other view points. I can honestly say that I've looked at things from the other side. I've listened to people who don't agree with me. I don't always feel like I'm heard though. I'm not trying to make rash generalizations here. I'm simply stating the way I feel.

A friend of mine once told me that Bill Clinton scared her. I didn't understand that. Bill Clinton is not scary in my book. Sure he's a philanderer and then he lied about it. I don't think he really did much that was scary. He reformed some things that needed reforming. He was the great white hope of the 1990s. Scary, not so much.

I just wish that people had the ability to look past political affiliation and see that we all have a common goal: a better America; a better world.

No comments: