Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What I baked this weekend: Oatmeal Cookies

So over the weekend I baked another batch of the Chewy Oatmeal Cranberry Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies. The base of the recipes comes from this recipe off of Smitten Kitchen. The only thing I really changed was that I took the raisins out and replace them with that litany of other things. They've been a huge hit at the office. The first batch was killed on Monday last week. So this weekend I doubled it up. Apparently, they taste different and are slightly more chewy this week. I think they taste the same but I think I'm biased. Without much ado here's a picture:


The first batch had the Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Chips. This batch had about 25% of those and the rest were Nestle Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips. Personally I'm a fan of the Ghirardelli Chips. I think the chocolate is just better quality. That could possibly be the reformed San Franciscan in me though.

Another thing I'm super excited about is that the picture above was taken with my new camera. It's a pretty rad camera and I can wait to really take it out for a test spin this weekend. Marisa and I are planning to hit the Getty soon. I love the architecture, rotating photography exhibits and flower gardens at the J. Paul Getty Museum (can't seem to link to it).

This week is shaping up to be quite similar to the last two weeks work wise, so I'm pretty exhausted already. I'll survive though. I think I may take myself on a small trip soon and spend some time in the bay area for more than a weekend.

1 comment:

Ritz Control said...

aw you linked me! and you're gonna take me to the getty and you're gonna bake me cookies??

aren't you glad i stole your french fry off your plate that one day? come on....