Sunday, March 1, 2009

The story behind the gold frog


I got this gift for my birthday or Christmas (sometimes it's hard to remember, my birthday is two days before Christmas). It's a gold frog from Pier 1 Imports. My best friends, Amy and Justin, gave it me. I guess that they thought I was serious when I said it was cool. Justin manages a Pier 1 store, so I'm sure that's also part of it. I went to visit him one Saturday and commented that I thought the gold frog was badass. When they gave it to me I was mostly confused as to why someone would buy another person a gold frog. It now lives in the curio cabinet that my aunt gave me when I moved into my apartment. I am kind of attached to it now. My dad said it looks like Kermit the Frog in gold. I responded and said, "Well, it ain't easy being green."

No comments: