Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Things I do

There are a lot of things I do that cause me very little shame:

  • I watch American Idol and America's Next Top Model. I didn't start doing either one of these things until I moved back to Southern California and into my dad's house. My stepmom is a big fan of both shows and I started watching with her. I'm now hooked and I'm glad that when I go visit them this weekend, I'll get to chat with her and my step-aunt about this week's episode. (That is, if they had time to watch. If not I'll make them sit down and watch.) Also our old neighbor does the back-up vocals for Hollywood Week.
  • I listen to country music. I enjoy it. I listen to Go Country every morning on the way to work. I think that Shawn Parr is funny. I'm a big fan of music you can sing along with and country satisfies that need.
  • I sometimes talk to myself when I'm out shopping in the grocery store or Target. It's just something that happens.
  • I also talk to strangers in line at the grocery store or Target. This is something my mom does. I used to think it was annoying. Now I do it all the time. I'll just start talking to people. It may be about something they are buying or really anything. I'm a talker. My mom is a talker. Hell, my dad is the King of the Talkers.
  • I trip over things that just aren't there. On Sunday I was walking into the kitchen and my right foot slipped forward and I came crashing down on my left knee. It now has a bruise. I've hurt myself the three out the four last weekends. First, I sliced into my thumb causing the geyser of blood. Second, I burned my hand bad enough to warrant a blister. The knee was number three and it was in all honesty the mildest since it didn't start hurting until last night.
  • I watch Gossip Girl, 90210 and Privileged. Yes, they are aimed at the 13-16 set but I don't care. They don't require that I pay a whole lot of attention and I think my need to watch Heroes and Law & Order more than makes up for it.
I think that's it. There are probably more but I can't think of them or I'm not willing to share them with the internet at large.

No comments: