Thursday, February 12, 2009

Winner

At lunch today the discussion was what one would do if they won the lottery. It's pretty cut and dry what I would do and very little has changed about my answer in the past 5 or 6 years. Without ado here's the list:

  • Buy a house in the same neighborhood my apartment now is in. I honestly think I'd be quite happy in a small single level craftsman style home. I like them.
  • Pay off my bills: car, student loans and credit card (then destoy it).
  • Pay off my parents houses. My mom's house in Northern Cal and my dad and stepmom's three properties here in Southern Cal.
  • Pay off the loans my mom took out to pay for my going to USF.
  • Pay off their car loans and/or get them newer/better cars than they have now.
  • Either buy or lease a space to open a bakery and coffee shop.
  • Send my parents on vacation to wherever they want to go.
  • Take a vacation to Greece for who knows how long.
  • Give my dad and stepmom enough money for my brother's college tuition and room and board. That way they won't have to worry about it.

Essentially, I want to make my life as well as my family's lives easier. If I had a husband then his wants would be satisfied and we would take care of his parents and siblings also. It is my belief that all people should be able to pursue their bliss if given the option. I would want to do whatever I could to make this possible for my loved ones.

No comments: